Jeffrey Rowland's OVERCOMPENSATING
topatoco

26 May 2006

Hugs Not Jihads


Did you see the trailer for that Oliver Stone 9/11 movie? I'm not even gonna link it, just because it seems like Oliver Stone has done the unthinkable -- made a movie about 9/11 that is boring. If I made a movie about 9/11... gosh. Let's just say people would get nostalgic about The Phantom Menace.

And I am sympathetic to all the victims of that day, which unfortunately does not include only the ones who died that day. I'm not one of those people who goes around saying it was a missle or a controlled demolition, that's all pretty much Ocham's Razor. I'm suspicious of the motives.

Fortunately we seem to have narrowly escaped the asteroid tsunami. Get wild this weekend, 'cause you know this ain't gonna last much longer.

4 Comments:

Blogger hajra said...

It makes sense if that movie is a boring one. Massive death, masacre, carnage and rumbling concrete = end of life = end of fun = boring. It's as if hundreds of RL comics had the same ending! As if they were... discontinued.
Besides, it's supposed to be sad and solemn, which are total give-aways of boring!

28/5/06 10:32  
Blogger priscilla said...

i am crossing my fingers so hard for a "hugs not jihads" shirt.

28/5/06 20:43  
Blogger I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

What about a hug jihad? Where the mujihadeen work to spread love and understanding?

29/5/06 15:12  
Blogger Anton Sherwood said...

What would Hannelore Ellicott-Chatham say?

24/12/07 19:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home