Jeffrey Rowland's OVERCOMPENSATING
topatoco

23 January 2006

You Better Axe Somebody



Let me start by saying that I was advised by several friends not do do this comic. I felt it needed to be done. When I first saw an ad for "Axe Body Spray" (noisy, ridiculous, offensive website intentionally not hyper-linked) a couple of years ago I didn't know what it was. I assumed it was some sort of over-the-counter date-rape drug, because a man would spray the Axe on himself and women, well, woman-shaped objects of pure lust, would hurl themselves toward him with complete abandon, totally ready to lay down. So shocked was I by this deplorable misogyny that I sort of denied it; it was only after a hysterical, late-night hynotherapy session with The GynoStryker that I was able to recall my voluptuous feminist rage.

Screw you, Axe Body Spray. This is the 90s, dammit. It's time to stop acting like that.

2 Comments:

Blogger jeffrey rowland said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

23/1/06 15:39  
Blogger sxoidmal said...

I don't get why they all requested that you not do this comic.

I also can't imagine what someone could've written that was so bad you had to delete it.

I usually think I'm pretty clueful, but not here. Not now.

9/6/06 22:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home