Jeffrey Rowland's OVERCOMPENSATING
topatoco

04 October 2006

Sticky




Where does that sticky stuff come from? You know some days when everything is just sticky for no reason. You know what I'm talking about.

There's something I forgot to tell you about Tallahassee. She's crazy. Any girl who wears a tiara to work who is not a princess or a beauty pageant winner is crazy. And you can take that to the Magical Cavern of Gold.

Also the new Decemberists album The Crane Wife is officially out now... but apparently you have to go to a chain store or iTunes to buy it because Capital Records doesn't have a clue how the music industry works these days. Anyway, join Colin Meloy and friends as they sing of axe murderers and avian matrimony! And join Tallahassee, Mashley and myself to see them in Northampton on Halloween! Also maybe an afterparty, but you have to bring your own dental floss.

13 Comments:

Blogger Nik Coughlin said...

Awesome, Jeffrey do you know if there is a website or somesuch where I can legally download some or one of the singles or anything likewise? I want to have a listen and I won't be able to buy it til next week (if our tinpot country even has copies for sale by then).

4/10/06 01:02  
Blogger jeffrey rowland said...

That's the problem.

I know of more places to get the new Decemberists album illegally than legally.

4/10/06 01:14  
Blogger Nik Coughlin said...

Oh well, I'll just have to dip into my limited supply of patience.

4/10/06 01:22  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4/10/06 02:40  
Blogger Rev. L. said...

Fucking furries.

4/10/06 07:37  
Blogger Jehu Campos said...

Must go buy new album! I'm watching them on the 25 in dallas. DAMN, I wish it was on halloween though.
And they better play California One.

4/10/06 12:14  
Blogger Nik Coughlin said...

gr13v3, you don't have to go back very far to see that Baby left to join the Pipettes.

4/10/06 18:07  
Blogger Roman said...

Wow, all the rest of the Decemberists catalog is available on emusic. Did you check there for legal downloadability? It may very well be that the change in record label has made this option disappear as well. Those crapfaces!

4/10/06 18:32  
Blogger Noa said...

There's also a Wied Al Yankovic album out, but does anyone care? You make me cry.

4/10/06 21:58  
Blogger gorman said...

I got the Weird Al album! It is truly fantastic!

And Jeff, what the hell are you talking about. The only places I get my music are at JB HiFi and iTunes. Then again, you guys don't have JB. It is a truly awesome store, cheap CDs ($19 AUD) and a fairly massive selection. Not just commercial shit.

(The problem with having all the music you want at a fairly low price is that you end up buying a lot of stuff. I've spent like $300 there these past few months.)

4/10/06 22:18  
Blogger MendicantMonkey said...

It is disgusting, but the sticky stuff is probably body soil. I think it congeals when the weather turns cold.

I have to hand it to our corporate bleach marketing masters, the page I linked makes me want to live in an empty, sterilized room.

5/10/06 22:04  
Blogger Steven - said...

I beleive somebody owes Jeph Jaques an apology.

8/10/06 11:49  
Blogger Steven - said...

I beleive somebody owes Jeph Jaques an apology.

8/10/06 21:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home