Jeffrey Rowland's OVERCOMPENSATING
topatoco

27 June 2006

The Sparkle



I got Severe Burnout, I think, combined with a nasty case of Permanently Saturated Atmosphere. The atmosphere is extremely humid out here, and that makes it hard to draw for a number of reasons.

But what I'm saying is, I finally got it figured out because I have a room in this house that is about 100 square feet with a 9,000 BTU air conditioner in it. I can seriously mangle the humidity in this space.

Apparently I almost had to fight a bear today. Fortunately I know how to deal with bears. If you get attacked by a bear, you have to punch the bear in the face. You have to punch it in the face until it dies.

Suddenly I realize that a daily, hand-drawn, full-color comic is a lot more than most professional cartoonists do. Eh, I ain't got nothin' better to do.

5 Comments:

Blogger I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

I highly doubt alpha predators are accustomed to prey punching them in the nose.

27/6/06 02:46  
Blogger Anthony said...

I'm an alpha predator. If somebody punched me in the nose, I'd just start to cry. Maybe I'd sit down and cry. It's a better position from which one can blubber angry gibberish at the sky. Remember, polar bears have feelings too.

27/6/06 03:15  
Blogger Tim Tylor said...

Gimme Topato's contact dets! I want some of that arti-sparkle! I can pay good!

27/6/06 07:42  
Blogger Jeff Z said...

Now you know a primary reason why I escaped Nueva Yersi for California. :)

Meanwhile, you have the advantage over the "professionals," as your comic work is cyborg in nature, combining the power of The Machines and The Intar-Wub with your ink and paper skillz, thus allowing you to crank out 10 times the comics!

Also note that you make this shit up on the day you draw it, whereas the "professionals" work 6 to 8 weeks ahead of time. And no snarky editor tells you "you can't say 'fuck' in your comic."

Thus the score:
"Professionals" 1, JEFFR 1 bazillion!

27/6/06 13:58  
Blogger Nermy said...

jeffrey rowland i love you keep fighting the good fight don't let the terrorists win

28/6/06 00:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home